How to Optimize Your Marketing Efforts on LinkedIn and Why It Can Generate More Leads
Unlike social media giants like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, LinkedIn is a professional platform designed to help users establish and reinforce business relationships. With over 59 million companies using LinkedIn Pages to connect with the platform's 900 million members, a well-executed LinkedIn marketing strategy can be the key to standing out in a crowded market.
If you're looking to drive leads and sales, LinkedIn advertising might just be the most effective platform for your brand to leverage. So, let's explore the platform’s features and how to optimize your marketing efforts through them.
The power of LinkedIn’s platform
Is LinkedIn the sexiest (as much as we hate to use that term) social platform? No. But it is certainly not one to be ignored. As the most trusted social media platform, LinkedIn is less about selling. Blatantly pushing your business and spamming the feed is highly frowned upon. This is why having a marketing strategy specific to the platform is so important.
Also, as stated above, the potential reach of the platform is huge. Just how huge? According to Sprout Social, businesses marketing on LinkedIn generates 277% more leads. LinkedIn data shows that Conversation Ads drive 4x higher open rates and 4x higher engagement rates than traditional email and twice the engagement as Message Ads. In another study, 79% of marketers say that LinkedIn ads produce the best results. And finally, over 40% say it is the most effective channel for driving quality leads.
How to optimize ads on LinkedIn
• Use responsive design: Make sure your ad looks good on both desktop and mobile devices. LinkedIn offers responsive ad formats that automatically adjust to the size of your screen, so your ad will look great no matter how it’s viewed.
• Use eye-catching visuals: Visuals are an important part of any ad, and they’re especially pertinent on mobile where people are more likely to scroll quickly through their feed. Use recognizable imagery and color schemes to establish your brand’s persona and make it pop.
• Make the ad easy to read: Use an easy-to-read font and make sure there is enough contrast between the text and the background.
• Test your ad on different devices: Before you launch your ad, make sure to test it on a variety of mobile devices to ensure it’s functional and looks good.
Experiment with various ad formats on LinkedIn to tailor your messaging to your target audience's specific needs and objectives. Different formats, such as lead generation, website clicks, and conversions, can help drive engagement in distinct ways.
• Text ads: These consist of a headline, brief text, and an optional image. They can link to a website or a LinkedIn company page.
• Carousel ads: This format helps you narrate an interactive story with swipeable cards in the LinkedIn feed.
• Video ads: These ads are rich in details and often very engaging.
• Message ads: These ads are direct messages sent through the LinkedIn messenger and contain a single CTA.
4 winning strategies to elevate your brand on LinkedIn
1. Optimize your company profile
When we say optimize, this means more than filling out all the provided sections. When choosing a profile image, ensure that the logo is specifically resized for the platform’s requirement (at least 400 X 400 px). While this seems simple, having a crisp image will ultimately provide potential clients with a more polished impression. It’s also essential to include (but not overuse) relevant keywords in the About Me section. Use accessible language informed by keyword research to outline your business goals and culture.
2. Post regularly and utilize interactive content
According to LinkedIn, companies that post weekly often see a 2X lift in overall engagement. To get the most punch for your post include utilizing diverse types of content to inform and engage your audience like:
• Articles: Unlike most social media platforms, LinkedIn allows for long-form content (500-1,000 words). In particular, executing thought leadership pieces are a great way to establish topic authority and showcase innovation that C-suite decision-makers are looking for.
• Images: LinkedIn claims that images are twice as likely to increase the number of comments per post. Using internal photos is a great way to boost engagement because it will humanize your brand. If you’re using created imagery, make sure it’s consistent and recognizable (color, tone of voice, imagery).
• Kudos: Another excellent way to showcase culture is to regularly utilize the kudos function.
• Video: Videos stand out in feeds. Data shows that videos get 5X more engagement than static content.
3. Define and regularly update your target audiences
The biggest benefit of LinkedIn for marketers is the fact that LinkedIn ads offer more than 200 targeting characteristics. This is much more than any other social network can provide. If you know your buyer persona, you are likely to reach your audience on LinkedIn.
One of the biggest benefits of LinkedIn is its diverse user base. According to research, 57% of LinkedIn users are men, and 43% are women. Furthermore, LinkedIn is used across the world, with 76% of LinkedIn’s users being outside the U.S. While the U.S. is LinkedIn’s biggest market with 174M users, the network has gained traction around the world.
4. Partner with marketing experts like Omnio
Omnio provides a full suite of in-house marketing services by analyzing and executing marketing techniques that will elevate your business. By conducting in-depth research to identify the target audience's characteristics, preferences, and behavior, our team can develop targeted marketing campaigns that reach the desired people during the best windows of time and on the most effective platforms.
Contact us today to find out more about how Omnio can take your marketing to the next level on any platform!